It's a glad feeling to note that my blog has reached 500+ visitors and to cherish this moment comes a sweet as the next post into this blog.Soya milk khoa is generally prepared using sugar. But for a change I tried the same in my version with Jaggery and trust me, it tastes Yummy! Avoiding sugar and substituting Jaggery instead, gives you a different taste. Moreover, jaggery is desirable with respect to health aspects too.
Soya chunks - 1 cup
Grated Jaggery - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Elachi - 1 tsp
- Heat water in a pan. Once water starts boiling, turn the flame off and drop the soya chunks into it. Let it remain for 15 minutes.
- Add the balls (without water) to a mixer and whip them once in first speed. The texture should resemble a grated coconut mixture.
- Transfer the same to a pan, add milk and stir for 5 minutes. Add Grated Jaggery at this stage and stir again.
- Let the mixture remain under flame till the entire stuff gets thoroughly mixed.
- Your Soya Milk Khoa is ready! Serve Hot!
As specified earlier, you can make this sweet using sugar too.. Simply substitute Sugar for Jaggery!! ;)
TIP: This sweet can also be used as a filling for modaks/kozhukattais. "Sweet inside a Sweet!" Sounds interesting, right? To switch to the page for the main dish of MODAK/KOZHUKATTAI Click here
My sincere thanks to all my blog visitors! :)